Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Ave's attempt to be Aunt Misery

I discovered this article while browsing the news today. Do read it when you have a time, I find it to be rather helpful (especially in times when communications breakdown) it assures you that what you're going through is normal and gives you very simple pointers.

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/empathy-secret-sauce-happy-marriage-044200327.html



Well, the whole point of it is to have empathy for your partner. Simply put, put yourself in their shoes and treat the other with the same kindness and accommodate as you would like to be. It may sound easy but its actually much harder to achieve. We often make so many promises when we're happy and too many hurtful accusations and/or spiteful words when angry that we later wish we can take back. Emotions usually get the better of us.

Personally, I'll do the following when I'm upset with my partner,

#1. Confide in a trusted friend
#2. Keep calm and be logical
#3. Remain silent and learn to accept it


of course if all attempts to be understanding and accommodating fails, please talk about it with your significant other. If talking doesn't solve anything, either learn to live with it, turn a blind eye or just breakup.


Of course if you have a physically or emotionally abusive significant other, please break-up with him/her NOW. the CB blog or we ourselves will gladly ask you out (if you're based in Singapore) or talk to you and accompany you as you gradually move on. We're nice people deep down and we aren't cannibals. (: If you're not based in Singapore, still feel free to get us/me to listen and do whatever that'll help you feel better and leave the abusive jerk for good and forever. (:

Just feel free to talk to us, regardless of whatever. It need not be relationship problems.



Ave Agony signing off! Ooops. I meant Aunt Agony

No comments:

Post a Comment